Thursday 12 July 2012

I ventured out into the real world

...and I am knackered!

I went from the car park, about 100m to Waterstones (with a rest half way, and a nice sit down inside) to buy myself the new Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, The Long Earth. I also bought the new Thursday Next title by Jasper Fforde for my sister, and was about to take a sneak peak when I realised I've not read the 5th or 6th - almost exposed myself to a spoiler. Lucky escape!

Then I was tired so I hobbled to Zizzi and had a lovely pizza (thanks, Mum!) and some of my lunchtime painkillers for dessert. Then I wanted to get some shoes for Amy Oliver-but-soon-Webb's wedding (actually I just wanted one shoe, but they come in pairs). So I hopped all the way to the lift, and back across the shop to the shoe department (hard to rest en route, the only seat is in the shoe department). Anyway, I bought some nice flip-flops for the wedding and made it all the way back to the car (four benches en route, I am in love with the architect who designed the Eden Centre).

We went home via Grandma's, so I had the chance to give her the tea cosy I designed based on a song she used to sing us:

I like a nice cup of tea in the morning,
Just to start the day, you see,
Then at half past eleven,
Well, my idea of heaven
Is a nice cup of tea.
I like a nice up of tea with my dinner,
I like a nice cup of tea with my tea
And when it's time for bed,
There's a lot to be said
For a nice cup of tea.

I've just fallen over trying to cross my bedroom without crutches. So it really hurts and I need to take some pills and get some sleep!

Here is Binnie Hale singing A Nice Cup of Tea. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment