Thursday 5 November 2009

Remember, remember...

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
gunpowder, treason and plot!
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot!
If I'm entirely honest, I hate bonfire night. I have always been a bit of a 'fraidy cat when it comes to explosives (call me boring), but it reached a peak when the vicar of a church I attended, Rev. David Hattersley, died during a school fireworks display. I wasn't there, but the grief and pain at church was palpable, and since then I've been very nervous of fireworks. I have had them thrown at me in the street, watched neighbours set them off at the entrance to my estate, visited people's gardens, etc. and I only feel safe watching from a few hundred metres away. Preferably even from the comfort of my balcony looking out over London.

No sage advice or deep reflection from me today, except to say to stay safe this weekend. Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment